Things to consider when vaccinating a kitten
1. The Neva Masquerade breed has a natural origin, therefore, the health of its representatives, bought in the cattery of Neva Masquerade cats pretty strong by nature. The only thing a pet can face is problems with the heart muscle. But, with proper care and proper feeding, this problem can easily be avoided. Then the probability is high that the animal will be near 12-20 years. The kitten is vaccinated for the first time at 9-12 weeks. As a rule, the vaccine is complex, that is, it protects against several diseases at once. This was done primarily in order not to torment the pet with injections several times. Vaccination against plague, rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, chlamydia is provided. After a month, re-vaccination is necessary. At the same time, a rabies vaccine is being given. Then you need to wait 1 year for the next course of vaccinations and so on every year. 2 weeks before the course, the animal is treated for worms.
In what cases vaccination may be required.
2. A certificate issued by a veterinarian about vaccinations carried out may be required by the owner in many cases:
- Exhibitions. It does not matter whether it is a kitten or an adult animal. The availability of vaccinations is a prerequisite for participation in the exhibition. In addition to the certificate, the organizers of the event always require a veterinary passport, and a certificate that passed a paid veterinary control. The animal must have the vaccinations required by the country where the event is being carried out, including vaccination against rabies, panel smoking, cat flu, and have the required vaccinations 15 days before the event.
- Knitting. Owners of both animals must take care in advance of checking the state of animal health, make sure that there are no dangerous infectious diseases, and vaccinations from them. Usually the owner of the cat, since it is the cat that is brought to visit, requires a thorough examination of the bride. The most dangerous disease is considered the leukemia virus. Before mating, you must pass an analysis to make sure that it is absent. Vaccination of a cat takes place 3 weeks before the date of mating. Sometimes it is allowed to do several vaccinations in one day. The presence of vaccinations is a guarantee of the birth of full-fledged offspring. Immunity is transmitted with the placenta, and then with mother's milk. Kittens will be protected for 2 months after birth.
- Vaccination for export abroad. If you have a joint trip to another state or region, it is important to have a completed veterinary passport on hand and a certificate of all vaccinations done. This document will be required when buying tickets for an airplane, train and even a bus if the trip promises to be long. Without this, they may not be allowed to cross the border.
If the animal has already been in contact with a diseased congener, then an incubation period of 1 to 3 weeks must pass. Then it only becomes clear whether the infection occurred or not. Vaccination is carried out only absolutely eyes, sneezes), then vaccination is strictly prohibited.